Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

For Lily Lou Who

When Shanna posted about this special project for her niece, I knew I had to participate. Lily needs to wear clothing for awhile that does not need to go over her head.

So, I made a couple of tops



(Kimono pattern here, jumper pattern Butterick 5439. Kimono made using fabric given to me by Shanna!)

I found these bubbles at Target.



They are great because they have snaps in the back to put them on, but still have snaps at the bottom to allow for diaper changes.

I also found a few things thrifting (confusing the clerk, who knows I have been scouring the store for boy clothes)



I really hope this sweet girl makes a speedy recovery. One thing is for sure - she is definitely blessed with an aunt who loves her very much!

4 comments:

Shanna said...

oh you're wonderful! i'm in tears...seriously! thank you so much for doing this for me, lily and my sister. i can't even begin to tell you how wonderful you are! i have to say that i'm truly blessed to have a blog friend like you who's willing to go out of their way way for a person they've never met.

Jane said...

What a blessing your talents are! Plus you got to indulge in a little pink to boot!

Junie Moon said...

Oh my, what a wonderful thing to do and such a thoughtful way to help. You are so very sweet!

Melanie said...

That strawberry print kimono is adoreable. Well done! And I'm sending healing vibes for little Lily Lou Who.