Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Page 60

Of this book



That's me!



And the potholders I designed. It is a set of four potholders to correspond to a four-course meal. There are also directions to make a holder for the potholders out of a dishtowel.

To me, my project doesn't quite "fit" with the rest of the book. I was asked to redesign it with different colors than submitted, and worried all along the final product was too bland. I was holding my breath when I picked the book up thinking maybe they hadn't used my project after all. But, here they are



and here I sit, a "published designer."

** I also have a project slated for another Lark book called Pretty Little Cozies. Interested in sending in a project for a future how-to book? See a few opportunities in this post on Whip Up.

14 comments:

leslie said...

congrats jen, i need to buy this one! you are famous now, ha ha!

Anonymous said...

OK Now we can say we know someone famous! I have your picture on my walls so can you please come sign them for me. I think this is so awesome Jen, Curt thinks this is pretty cool. You GO GIRL! How long have you been working on this and how ever did you keep it a secret :) You are so creative and should quit your job and take this on the road.

Love ya, Jenn #2

shanna said...

they turned out so well!!! proud of ya!

elizabeth said...

accccckkkk!

BIG congrats :)

Sarah and Jack said...

Awesome Jen!

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

Those ARE pretty little potholders! Excellent job!

telfair said...

That's so amazing! Congratulations!

Hope all is well with you...

Junie Moon said...

How wonderful to see your work in print--congratulations!

Michele said...

Congrats!

woof nanny said...

Yay!

Rebecca said...

Oh congrats! They are SO cute. To think, I know someone famous. :)

PS - I'm entertaining tomorrow night and plain to sport the fabulous bird apron you made me. I'll be very house wife chic.

Pink and Brown Baby said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Anne said...

Congratulations! They look very nice.

Heather said...

Cool. New fan of yours delurking. I think you should do you own book of projects!