Pages

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

More double-knit than an episode of the Brady Bunch

A late baby gift for a special little girl



Somehow, this looked a little different in my mind's eye. Sure, it is crazy polyester double-knit (vintage and thrifted), but I thought I could soften and modernize it a little with the pink knit trim. It's o-k...but a little over the top on the retro scale.



Well, I hope the recipient likes it. Maybe she will tell her daughter someday all about this fabulous show from the 70s where everybody wore horribly terrific double-knit outfits like hers, and had all sorts of zany fun.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Hi, just dropped in for a visit. You did a great job on the double knit, the lucky baby will look adorable, love the little hat. I loved the 70's, things were simpler back then, He,He.

Emy said...

I always see double knit at the thrift store, but I normally pass it by. This gives me hope though.
We love the Brady Bunch in my house. Cale loves Bobby. It's just such an awesome show. But I can't watch it without thinking about how much I want Mrs. Brady's clothes.

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

I think it turned out adorable. It's very cute, and last I checked, retro is totally in.

Greta said...

i think it is absolutely adorable... the recipient will love it

telfair said...

I agree with the previous commenters, I think it's really adorable, and will be well-loved by the giftee...

Junie Moon said...

What a great baby gift set. It's very pretty and everyone needs some happy little 70s flowers in their life here and there.