Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

Domo Arigato

I needed a little thank you gift for a co-worker at our "home" office. We have been chatting about crafts and the like when I fly up for my now weekly (ugh) business trips.

She (we'll call her K) is from Japan, and I have had fun showing her a few sites where I buy Japanese fabric or get ideas. Of course, I do not lead her to my own website. My co-workers know I have a blog, but I just don't feel like merging those two parts of my life. What if I need this space to vent about co-workers again?

Anyway, the last time I saw K, she gave me a napkin printed with lucky cats. She said she saw me using my cloth napkin, and now she carries one to use as well. Such a thoughtful gesture!

So, I made K a little bag



(inner fabric small radish print from this collection)

from a Japanese craft book


(ISBN 4-579-10998-8)

I will bring the book up with me next time I see her, and tell her how hard it is for me to decipher the patterns. I wish K and I worked in the same office - I would be the queen of Zakka craft!

5 comments:

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

That is an adorable bag! I'm sure K will love it.

Dee Light said...

What a cute and usefull bag!!

Gina said...

K is a lucky girl!

Rebecca said...

Perfect! It can be her lunch bag! :) I am still frightened of the Japanese crafting books LOL.

Junie Moon said...

The bag is adorable and such a lovely gift for your friend. I do understand about keeping your blog private from work. I have a friend who got into big time trouble at work because she vented about her coworkers. She had to start a new secret blog.