Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

This one's for the birds

BT and I experienced thrift nirvana this past weekend. It seemed like there was something calling our names at every turn. Local peeps - the Salvation Army on Alamitos is full to capacity with vintage goodness right now. You won't be disappointed!

One thing I was hesitant to buy as it did not quite meet my thrift condition standards was a metal bar tray.



It has a lot of scuffs and rust damage, but the image was so cute, I had to take it. And since it was only 50 cents (did I mention it was half price day as well the day we were there?), it was stowed in my shopping bag.

But what to do with it, was the question. I had a plant stand in the corner sans plant, and decided to glue the tray with E-6000 to make a bird bath



or a stand for multiple potted plants - we are still deciding. I am leaving it out for a week and if I see one feather in it, a bird bath it will be.

8 comments:

maya said...

that's cute as can be. shame to cover it with pots...

leslie said...

thanks for the low down! that tray is cool!

Crafty Mom said...

I think a bird bath is an adorable idea! Or even a bird feeder?

Rebecca said...

Very cute! Love the bird bath idea but also would make a nice side table for a lawn chair. Perhaps filled with frozen drinks? hmmm . . .

Jennifer said...

*update* I've just been informed by my husband that birds only bathe in the summer. So, the final use of the tray will be indeterminate for awhile longer.

eviedee said...

Thanks for the heads up! :) That tray is so darling!

jess said...

Brilliant! I love it !

Kathy said...

love it as a bird bath