Pages

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Lovely Oranges

Here is my new infatuation



They are Cara Cara navel oranges, and they are sooooo delicious! I am not much of a raw fruit eater. I'll drink juices, eat purees, dried fruit, fruit in baked goods, etc. but it's rare that I pick up a piece of fruit to eat (I know - weird, and not the sign of a very healthy lifestyle).

But these oranges have turned me around. I eat one nearly every day. They are rosy pink inside (less violent than blood oranges), and you can taste overtones of raspberries or strawberries



Wow - looking at this picture, I want to eat another one!

* The winner of yesterday's contest is Jenn2, who totally deserves a thank you for all her hard work.
And yes, I am sending today's winner oranges



I'm not sure if I am breaking ground here, in terms of "weird things sent by bloggers," but I'd like to give it a try. It would probably be best to keep these in the U.S., though. Even then I may need to fib a little at the post office.

9 comments:

Donna said...

Those oranges sound delicious. I really like citrus fruit--when I was pregnant with my second daughter I tasted a clementine for the first time and after that I was eating a crate of them a week.

elizabeth said...

oh what a lucky duck to get those oranges.
believe it or not another one of my bloggin' buddies posted about these oranges and they look devine. i need to see if we have em around here!

lera said...

Love the smiley faces!

I can hardly find "good" oranges. Sometimes I buy them and they are so sweet and juicy and the next week they are dry and terrible. I've almost stopped buying them for that reason.

Anne said...

They look so sweet with their happy faces. I'm going to have to find one of these now.

Junie Moon said...

I love the photos of your happy oranges. Oranges are a wonderful thing to post today for Chinese Lunar New Year as it's a traditional treat.

Blondie said...

I love the pictures of the oranges!

Oranges and clementines are favorites at our house- so much so that DD has had a bit of an orange hue from time to time! LOL

I haven't tried this variety, though... I'll have to look for them.

eviedee said...

Lovely indeed, hooray for expressive food! I am a total fresh fruit fan but this is the first year that I have been obsessed with citrus. (I have a grapefruit and clementine leering at me as I type.) Thanks for giving me another variety to stalk!

Shara said...

I went to buy oranges yesterday at the grocery store. 98¢ each. Too rich for my blood. Bought boring old bananas instead. Come on summer produce!

shannon said...

I love these oranges too!! I discovered them a few years ago at the farmers market. Get your fill now though--they are only available for a few months this time of year. I'm not sure why but they seem to be available starting in February and then in a month or two they are gone!!