Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lots of heart, a sprinkle of love

Last night I made heart-shaped pasta (from Cost Plus) with white chocolate sauce (the recipe includes directions for making pink pasta from scratch!)



Yep. You read that right. For those of you that think that sounds completely foul, I'm sure I can't convince you otherwise. For those of you who are intrigued...it wasn't that bad. You can't eat very much of it without feeling overindulgent, but it seemed very apropos for Valentine's Day week.

Regardless how you feel about the sauce idea, wouldn't you love to treat your Valentine to some heart-shaped pasta as well?



I'll leave it up to the winner to decide if she will try the sauce or not.

* Connie is the winner of the knit pink collar!! Opheliaknits (nail kit) - I hope you're still out there!

20 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I love buying the different seasonal pasta shapes at Cost Plus. Having not been over there lately, I did not know about the heart shapes. So cute!

Stephanie said...

Oh, I'd love to try this! (keeping my fingers crossed that I will :).

Rachel said...

That is adorable pasta! I wish we had a Cost Plus in Baltimore.

Donna said...

You've been putting together a wonderful assortment of packages, you must be having a lot of fun to keep doing this!

My Name Is Michelle said...

THAT sounds superb! I will have to try this!

Carrie said...

I suppose if they can do chocolate covered ants they can do chocolate covered pasta :)

the Lady said...

What a cute idea! Wish we had a Cost Plus.

I AM VERY MARY said...

This is amazingly quirky and I adore it! The other day, my parents brought Miss C some candy called "Bog Frogs" and we had her convinced that they were chocolate-covered frog eggs. Brave soul, she didn't even hesitate at all!

tricia said...

Oh my! Count me in for this one!

Dana said...

We love trying new pastas and sauces!
We will have to try this!


Thanks for sharing:)

Dana
d08@goldingers.com

Rebecca said...

How fun! I like pasta of all shapes. :) I can't believe you're keeping up with all these give aways! Amazing! I'm so disorganized LOL. Sign me up!

hugs

Jenmomof4 said...

Ilove different shaped pasta. My kids think it is so cool. I once had Cgreen Christmas tree pasta and they were amazed. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

Greta said...

what? heart shaped pasta!!! who would have thunk it!! lol

never have seen that and it sounds intriguing!!

Crafty Connie said...

That pasta looks yummy. Hey, they make Disney character pasta why wouldn't there be hearts.

Michelle said...

I'm intrigued and kind of scared at the same time! I would totally try the sauce though! Why not!?! Thanks for entering me!

lera said...

Heart pasta? Who would have 'thunk' it?!?

elizabeth said...

hmmm....very, very interesting!!!!

Crafty Mom said...

That sounds interesting. I wonder how it would be with the homemade pasta, since you make it sweet.

*don't put my name in as I've already won something :)*

Molly said...

Sounds Yummy ! Who doesn't love pasta no matter what's on it!

Sara said...

The pasta was yum, i had some last night. i added the Pink Pesto sauce that i found at Cost Plus on the same trip. Mmmmm.... Thank you for the tip!!