Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

The End of an Era

Circa 1999, a girl met a boy who lived with his two brothers and a friend in a condo. It was your typical bachelor pad - not much furniture, and not very clean. The girl often got to the condo before her boyfriend, so, not having anything better to do (except play with a cute, white Chihuahua puppy), she was inclined to clean up for the boys a little.

One day she decided the stark white kitchen needed some color. She found some kitchen accessories at Ross, including these chicken pictures



Just what four young men would want for their kitchen! They were really nice about it, but the girl quickly realized her mistake in buying something she liked instead of what was appropriate for a hip and happening bachelor pad.

The condo was vacated soon after the kitchen redo, and the chicken pictures went in the girl's kitchen. Then they were hung at the girl and boy's first apartment as newlyweds. They then traveled to the couple's second home. Until I took them down yesterday. You knew this story was about me, right?



I'm still into chickens, but needed a slightly updated print to match my retro modern kitchen. How far will these pictures travel with us, I wonder?

5 comments:

I AM VERY MARY said...

Excellent choice!

Anne said...

Very chicken chique.

leslie said...

love the story and the new pictures!

Di said...

I love the new prints! I am sure that they will travel far with you!!

Junie Moon said...

What a cute story and the chicken prints are so cute!