Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

Easter Gardening Baskets

Every Spring I look at the kid's gardening supplies at Target and think, that would make a great gift for somebody. This year, I finally acted on my great idea and made gardening themed Easter baskets! I made one per family for our nieces and nephews, and included enough gloves (and sun hats for the babies) so everybody could help. Click on pictures to see notes about contents

Cute bugs



Creepy Crawlies



Jungle Boogie



Can you believe it is less than a month until Easter? Yikes!!

**Product idea for you entrepreneurial types - seeds for kids. Cute packaging, less mumbo jumbo on the back and more about how you can design a garden to allow you to grow all the ingredients for a salad, for example. Maybe have all the seed packets for the salad in a larger packet - or a salad bowl! I don't know - I just thought these would have been even cuter if the seed packets had been more kid-focused.

12 comments:

Anne said...

This is a great idea. I saw seed balls (I think Magic Cabin) and kids can just throw them on the ground and water them.

Sarah and Jack said...

I fell in love with those little bug themed bowling pin thingys at Target, this is such a cute use for them.

Molly said...

So cute! I love the snake bucket. What a great idea.

Crafty Mom said...

Very cute! I love them all! The kids will love them!

Junie Moon said...

What cute gift ideas! As I read your note about seed packets for kids and how they could improve, I started thinking that wouldn't that be a fun to make ourselves and include seeds we've harvested from our own plants? You could make your own cute seed packets with all the advice you want to share included.

Rebecca said...

As usual you have put together the best gifts! Love all the ingrediants! :) I think I need some big bowling myself.

Annikke said...

These are very cute! I am definitely making one of these - or two or three!!

Emily Loria said...

I love this!!

jmarie said...

very very cute!!

woof nanny said...

Those are about the cutest things I've ever seen Jen!

MommySecrets said...

I love your idea - instead of just adding to their collection of toys, you're giving them family time for planting and watching growth together. Very nice!

D said...

Very nice pretty easter gift ideas. I love them all.