Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Be My Asian Valentine

Last night was an annual event that is becoming a "can't miss" on my social calendar. It is an Asian Valentine party at our local tiki hangout, the Puka Bar. You may recall our stumbling upon this event last year. I was a little more prepared this time around. We knew the date the party was scheduled for, and we brought some goodies as part of the potluck dinner. We still, however, are not quite sure if this is an open event (though nobody stopped us from joining in the festivities), and I wasn't bold enough to dress up in Asian garb (the women are dressed the the hilt - hair, makeup, Mandarin dresses - the whole nine yards). Next year - full immersion is planned.

Here is a terrible picture of the band that was playing



I brought a box of candy to the party that had an Asian-inspired toile pattern on it. I took the box home, and gussied up the front



and filled it with Asian and Valentine-inspired goodies and ephemera (everything except for the stamp was from my stash!)



I felt bad that I missed out on the opportunity to participate in the For the Love of Supplies swap earlier this month, so this is my chance to send somebody a box full of fun. Leave a comment if you want to be my Asian Valentine!

*Opheliaknits is the winner of the nail kit! Please send me your addy (thefeltmouseATgmailDOTcom). I still need addresses for Anne of Green Jello (oranges) and Marlo (cd)!!

12 comments:

Frankie said...

I just found your site and must confess that I'm already hooked. What an adorable box of goodies you've created!! I love that you found this party and just jumped right in. Wonderful! Thanks for the smiles!! I'll be reading more and more!!

Jenmomof4 said...

what a great box of Chocolates!!

Donna said...

Looks like a fun party! The chocolate box looks very enticing.

Dana said...

What a great box of goodies:) Thanks for the nice offer! That would be a wonderful surprise:)


Dana
d08@goldingers.com

Wanda said...

That is the coolest box ever. Perfect for the Lunar New Year.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I would love to be your Valentine, Asian or no.

Shara said...

What a fabulous box of chocolates! I can't wait to bite into a nice Chow Mein or potsticker. Congrats to all the winners so far. And, how nice of you to give so many fun thigns away.

Rebecca said...

I always want to be your Valentine. :)

Thank you again for the lovely string of New Years lights! Sorry I'm such a dork and don't know my own zip code LOL.

Oh and I was thinking of you this weekend. I'm ready to plant myself a mini garden and I saved the seed packaets you gave me in our bird swap last year to plant this year. I'm probably way off season but I'm going to try anyway. I'm thinking putting them in an aquarium . . .

Junie Moon said...

What a great party and I love your Asian Valentine theme goodie box!

Cheryl said...

I never win but I wanted to leave a comment just because I think this box is beautiful and the supplies look so cute in it.

Michelle said...

That would be a lovely Valentines Day present!! Please enter me!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I received my Asian heart and was thrilled with the goodness you packed inside of it. Thanks so much for the giveaway and the awesome goodies inside. I can hardly wait to start using them!