Pages

Friday, December 21, 2007

On-the-go Storyboards ~ Done!

They were a year in the making. Well, a year's worth of guilt and a week's worth of work, but the on-the-go storyboards for my nieces and nephews are done!



I couldn't be more pleased about how these turned out. They each had a million little steps that drove me crazy doing them 4 times over again (one for each family and one for two sweet girls I know). Nothing d
ifficult, just time consuming. Again - I fail at working in production line fashion.



The story that accompanies the mats is The Gingerbread Baby. It and the felt pieces are contained in the front pocket. The house, hills, and clouds are permanently attached to the storyboard. I'm sure this background could lend itself to another story and set of characters.



The felt shapes include, for those of you familiar with the story, include Matti, the gingerbread baby on a cookie sheet or a cookbook - meant to serve as either, a cat, a dog, a goat, a well, two girls with their braids tied together, a pig, a fox, and a gingerbread house to capture the gingerbread baby.

Here they are wrapped up



Wrapping paper from Kmart (Martha Stewart). I hope they are enjoyed on may car trips and Sundays at church!

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

These are so creative! What a wonderful idea. I'm sure they will be well loved and how fun to give them a set of new characters for a different book next year. :)

Happy Holidays!

Di said...

These are really good! I like them a lot!

Leigh said...

You did an awesome job!!!

Jane said...

Great gift idea! I used to have tons of professionally done sets of felt things when I taught Kinder. The kids really do like playing with them. I will have to file this idea away. If I actually did it ahead of time it could be in the stash for last minute birthday parties.

And, I am drooling over the cursive wrapping paper! I wish I had noticed that at K-mart! It would have been so perfect for a bulletin board in my third grade!

jek-a-go-go said...

ous! i've been working on something pretty much the same...all the bits and pieces just sitting around waiting for me to actually DO something with them! i love yours!

Melissa said...

great idea and love the look of the story board you did. That's my daughter favorite book this year!

giggedygeekmum said...

Those turned out super cute! I am loving the gingerbread idea!

Sharee @ Balance Today said...

These are adorable and would be perfect for church. I'm always looking for quiet things my kids can do. Thanks!

scrapbook dreams etc said...

I'll cut out the pieces if anyone is interested in doing these, We have a laser that would make cutting the pieces out a breeze and just a very small cost, anyone want to sew the back up in exchange for the pieces?
Scrapbookdreams1@aol.com

simpsonscott said...

Is there a pattern for all of the felt pieces?