Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Thank you all for stopping by this here blog in 2007. I appreciate all of your support, and the friendships that have been established through this endeavor. Best wishes in the new year!

My only resolution this year is to give up the dc. Or get to a "normal" level of consumption (Oh, all there is to drink is Diet Coke, versus ohmygod - where is the Diet COKE!?!) That is, after tonight and making it through this insanity



Photo from Wikimedia Commons

After 32 years living in southern California, I decided to brave the elements and the masses to stay overnight and see the parade. I am very scared of having a breakdown at 3:00 in the a.m. when I find it impossible to get any rest, and/or get my core body temperature up. Drink a toasty drink in my honor tonight! See you in 2008!!

8 comments:

leslie said...

you are brave!!! i will look for you from the comfort of my couch! you know my mom has asked us for years to go with her, let me know how it went and maybe we will brave it next year.

woof nanny said...

OMG, I am soooo jealous. Did Charles get to you? He suggested to get a spot at the end of the parade route. He doesn't even go until 8:30! Someday I'll do this. The parade is one of my favorite things in the whole world. Happy New Year Jen!

telfair said...

Happy New Year! Your blog has been such a joy in 2007 and I am looking forward to more - more - more in 2008!

I hope you have a wonderful time at the parade!

Sarah and Jack said...

Gah, jealous, jealous, as I watch the parade on HGTV right now!

Happy New Year!

Leigh said...

I just wanted to wish you a very Happy New Year!!

Good luck with the DC!! I am giving up DP!!!

jek-a-go-go said...

i hope you had a blast! i used to do it when i was a lass but now i'm an old fogey who likes her sofa and blankets!

Blondie said...

I am giving up the DC too. Well, at least trying not to drink 6 cans a day anymore. I have done well so far. Just one yesterday and one today. It is rough. Good luck to you!

woof nanny said...

Well???? I'm dying to hear the update. How was the parade? What was your favorite?