Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Cards ~ Sent

One more task down - the Christmas cards are sent



This year, I cut back on my gift giving list dramatically. After not finishing a project for some of the most important people in my life last year, I figured it was time to scale back so I could accomplish priority projects this year. I really hope nobody feels slighted! Fortunately, most of the gift recipients did not give gifts in return, so I suspect their feeling will be more of relief.



In lieu of gifts, I wanted to make a Christmas card for everyone* that had a gift element. I considered cards that had an ornament or a craft to complete, and will probably do cards along those line in the future. For this year, I chose to send a recipe card. The card is inserted in slits on a sheet of cardstock printed with our greeting. I added a little tab so everyone would know it is a removable element. Since it would be pretty plain without the card, I added a sticker of the same gingerbread character saying "Yum!" underneath the recipe card



My "gift" to those on my list!

* I will be sending out New Year's wishes to you lovely ladies, so don't feel slighted!

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Great idea and so cute too!!!

Gina said...

Awww, I love those cards - oh so sweet! And boy do I hear you about trying to figure out as a crafty type, who to make what for etc. Keeps it interesting doesn't it!

Junie Moon said...

I love your Christmas cards--they are adorable and useful at the same time. What a great idea!