Pages

Friday, November 16, 2007

Not edgy, or modern

My plans to rock the diaper cake world fell through, as I realized the shower is tomorrow, and I had yet to make any preparations. So, nothing new here, but I think it will still garner some ohhs and ahhs from the shower participants



Contents: 4 receiving blankets, 3 bibs, 1 bottle (holding bottom and middle layer together), 8 washcloth "roses," 2 J&J lavender wash products, butterfly slippers, 2 pacifiers, and a soft toy. Basic directions here.

In researching diaper cakes, I came across the directions for baby sock roses. I figured I had already gone this far down the path of predictable shower gifts, I might as well go all the way. So, here's my "bouquet"



Just think - 40 years from now, these baby shower crafts will be considered "kitschy" and "new again." I will probably be described the same way :)

8 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Did you see the lady on Martha recently who made a whole bouquet out of a baby layette? A bib, a onesie, socks, a hat, etc? Super cute.

Leigh said...

I think the baby shower crafts are too cute! I don't think any new mom will think they are played out. You did wonderful!!!!

Woodmouse said...

Your cake is the cutest one I've seen though! Love the colors you used & the bibs. They may be common but your particular one isn't!

Crafty Mom said...

I love your bouquet! So much cuter than a corsage!

leslie said...

hey, i finally got into those fabulous fabric squares you gave me, thanks so much, they are coming in handy for my christmas gift making scramble.

:)

Emy said...

I received one at my baby shower and I thought it was great. And trust me, I am the type of person who has always thought they were pretty lame. But I could tell that so much work had gone into it, and as I took it apart, gift after gift was revealed and it was really quite special. So I'm sure it will be loved.

kate1976 said...

The cake is superb!

Jane said...

I agree, these things are soo cute! Great job!