Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2007

It's that time again

Time for my annual post to raise pancreatic cancer awareness



One of the deadliest yet least understood cancers, and the disease responsible for the loss of this all-around great dad, husband, brother, grandfather, father-in-law, co-worker...

John was truly a "light" in this world - one of those people who touched the lives of so many others. He was a good counselor, a loyal friend, and had the best sense of humor. His presence is missed as much now as it was three years ago.

I decided instead of my planned etsy shop update, my priority at this time would be to do a fund-raiser similar to Jek's efforts last month in memory of her mom. I am working on some patchwork hot pads, and will *hopefully* have them ready by Sunday/Monday. As with Lupus awareness, pancreatic cancer's signature color is purple - not the easiest color to work with, I've found, when creating an item for the kitchen. But, I'm trying my hardest!

~ More info on pancreatic cancer

~ Z Gallerie hosts a shopping week November 5-9, and donates a portion of the sales made during that week to PanCan.

5 comments:

jungle dream pagoda said...

Beautiful post,and I would say z gallery's sig color is purple.

telfair said...

Thanks for this post -- a sobering reminder. The picture made me mist up.

Junie Moon said...

An excellent post supporting a very worthwhile cause!

jek-a-go-go said...

lavender is your friend, it mixes well with other colors! we raised $250 for Lupus Awareness and I can't wait to see what you have in store...I'll be supporting you!

Full of Heart said...

I found you through traveling through blogs and was reading your birth story, and then saw this, and between your beatiful baby boy with his blonde hair and seeing that you too had lost your dad to pancreatic cancer, I kind of lost it a little in a type of "sharing crafty blogs and dads who died of pancreatic cancer" sort of way...