Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Traditional ~ With a twist

God bless my SIL for saying she didn't want a *traditional* girl baby shower in pepto bismol pink. But, the colors she suggested - lavender and light green - are not far behind in the played out baby shower colors, at least in my book.



Fulfilling my invitation duty, I took the liberty of adding dark green, dark purple, and aqua to the mix. Now this is a color palette I can get behind!

Next on the agenda - how to modernize a diaper cake (I do what I'm told, folks...)

* Invite details:

~ Martha Stewart scalloped edge cards and envelopes on clearance at - Michaels $3 for eight!
~ Flower patterned paper from Joann's $1 scrapbooking section
~ Baby image from the Babykins tableware set
~ Sweet Pea stamp by Rubber Stampede
~ Large flower punch by Marvy Uchida

6 comments:

Junie Moon said...

Your project looks lovely and I like the innovative details you've incorporated to make it less predictable.

Miss Bliss said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Love those scalloped edges. Baby showers are my absolute favorite parties to throw! Especially if the momma to be is open to lots of fun "non" tradition stuff. Have a friend who makes diaper cakes, but really they are more like clothing and blanket cakes. Here is a link to what some of her stuff looks like, maybe you can get an idea.
www.cakecreations.biz/acindex.html
Also here is a link to the coolest pan ever, you may not want to deal with making a cake like this for everyone but I know you love you some cupcakes! So check it! http://www.shopbakersnook.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=2710

Donna said...

Those turned out wonderful, I love the color combinations. Playing with color can sometimes be difficult for me to envision, and it's helpful for me to see what to me might be unexpected color combinations. And I really love the little pea stamp!

woof nanny said...

Wow Jen, VERY nice!
I googled 'diaper cake' and up came a bunch of cakes made out of diapers to use for centerpieces. Hmmm. Is that what she wants, or a real cake in the shape of a diaper?

Shannon said...

Those are so cute! I love the colors. Pink and blue drive me batty.

Jenn Maruska said...

Those look GREAT!