Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Into the Woods

I love the woodland trend as much as the next gal. Given my propensity for theme and order, the outdoorsy bits and pieces I have picked up at thrift stores and elsewhere didn't really have a place in other rooms in the house. By default, the only "room" left, the laundry room, has become their display area



Crewelwork birds (only 99 cents each at a thrift store that is notorious for over-pricing)



Bisque squirrel (also thrifted for less than $1)



Silhouette cuckoo clock (my new treasured thing - not thrifted. But look - it matches the bottle of Clorox!)

The laundry room is also the cats' room. They seem pretty oblivious to the changes.

6 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I think it's fun to have these cute treasures in your laundry room--certainly must make you smile just going in there. You've reminded me that I need to do something about my own boring laundry room; but it will have to wait until after the holidays. Thanks for sharing your lovely things.

avid crafter said...

Those birds are gorgeous, a wonderful thrift-shop find!

Jenn Maruska said...

Those birds are gorgeous! And for that price... you should be very proud - you're a thrifting superstar!

Kristy said...

I love the crewel work and the clock!

leslie said...

oh i love that clock!!! and the birds too, so cool!

woodmouse said...

Love those colorful birds, what great finds! My laundry "room" is just a closet so nothing fun going on in there.