Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

Halloween Swap ~ Received!

My swap partner for the Witch's Cauldron Halloween Swap was the delightful Shara. I think this may have been one of the best swap match-ups in swap history!! I don't want to say too much, as I don't think Shara's package has arrived yet (we both had to sheepishly admit to each other that though we were so excited to send out our packages, we sadly had to cheap out in the end and both sent parcel post...)

So, like I said, I don't want to say too much, but I think Shara will be surprised at the amount of similarities between the two packages - it's uncanny!!

Here are all the Halloween goodies I received ~



Cookie mix, cookie cutters, and dishtowel - came wrapped in the cute felty pumpkin!



Decorations - love the honeycomb pumpkin sooo much!!



For fun - Is it wrong to keep a lollipop year after year because it makes a great decoration?



And lots of homemade glittery goodness!! I squealed aloud that I was a recipient of one Shara's lovely Halloween cones. The house is to die for, and the glittered pumpkin is pretty much the coolest thing ever. I believe the gift bag and cards for giving, but really - I can't imagine letting them leave my sight!

Finally, Shara included this cute mousie doorstop



She said she knew he was not Halloween (though he is quite dapper in his orange and black bow),but she thought he would be perfect for The Felt Mouse. Little did she know...This is so trippy coming the day after I posted about the laundry room. That room contains the only door in the house that requires a doorstop. I had yet to find or make one good enough (the old copy of an Edgar Rice Burroughs paperback was so not cutting it anymore). How appropriate to add another woodland creature to the decor? I think I will change his bow monthly so he can always be in the holiday spirit.

Thank you, swap sister. I really hope you receive your package soon, and that it is not encased in a giant cloud of glitter (I've had nightmares about what state it might arrive to you in). And thanks Elizabeth and Simone for hosting an awesome swap!

7 comments:

Jenmomof4 said...

Oh my goodness!! What a fantastic swap!!

Thank you so much for my San Fran goodie box that you sent! I love all of the things!!

Glad you had a good time!!

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh man, the doorstop is awesome.

Heidi said...

Shara sends THE MOST AMAZING packages! I have it on good authority. :) This one was no exception! I love that little glittered house! SO cute. and the doorstop? Oh my goodness. He's PERFECT. Just perfect.

Junie Moon said...

What a wonderful swap package she sent to you! I don't think it's wrong to keep a lollipop based on its seasonal decorative attribute--I have some 9-year candy canes I put on the tree each year just 'cause they're cute. No sense in paying for them again each year. The doorstop is adorable and tying a decorative bow is a great idea.

Gina said...

Wow, what a score!!!

elizabeth said...

oh what awesome yumminess!
love the idea of putting the sugar cookie mix in there. you'll have to let me know how those turn out. i always think about buying em but never know if they are good. i'd love to find a recipe for those frosted ones you find at the grocery store. yummmy...they are so soft do you know what i'm talking about?

Rebecca said...

Great swap! Shara is a fabulous partner. Love the door stop! I know she will love your swap, too, and I know you, too are a fab swap partner!