Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A winner, a sick puppy, a thank you, and a joke

I try pretty hard to keep my posts limited to one thought, but sometimes there is just too much going on upstairs to keep it all contained!

So, first ~ a winner of the fabric de-stash. And it is...Melissa!! Congrats, lady! I expect to see lots of cute goodies made by kidlets by Auntie Mel!

What is dominating my thoughts these days ~ This past week and a half has been rather stressful around here due to this little guy



Behind those sorrowful eyes is one pained little pup. The vet feels that he has a collapsed disc in his back. He goes through stages of minor pain, when he walks about gingerly, to more severe episodes when he cannot move much at all without whining in pain. It breaks my heart, I tell you! BT and I spend an inordinate mount of time just staring at the poor little Chuster. I think we are hoping we can will him to be well again. He is on pain meds now, and seems to be managing the pain much better. My son is 70 years old (in dog years) and covered in white hair, but I am not ready to say goodbye just yet!

The kindness of others ~ I saved my co-workers from the sob story I am handing you now, but everyone can sense how much my dog means to me (and they see the half dozen or so pictures of him on my desk). One sweet co-worker sent home a bag of treats for him



I tell you, seeing that overflowing bowl of treats sure perked the little guy up!

I struggled with what to give her as a thank you that would represent my gratitude. I don't know her very well yet (which made her gift even more sweet), but needed to show my deep appreciation for her very nice gift. She has talked to me about crafts, and that she wants to start sewing. I decided to make her a little pincushion


(pattern)

She seemed very appreciative, and I think she was equally touched by the fact that I remembered our previous conversation about crafting. I don't know what kind of trouble I would get in having a crafty co-worker!

Random, but needs to be part of today's post ~ A pirate goes into a bar. The bartender says to him, “Hey, pirate. Did you know you have a steering wheel down your pants?” The pirate replies, “Arrrrr, It's driving me nuts!”

Sorry if anyone finds that totally offensive, but pirates are not known for their tact, and today is talk like a pirate day.

Happy hump day! And I mean that as happy middle of the week. Get your minds out the gutter!

13 comments:

Emy said...

Hope your puppy son gets better soon!

Gina said...

The poor dear... I'm so sorry. How lovely of your coworker, and what a thoughtful gift you made it return, it's precious. A hoy matee, (err.. something like that?) : )

leslie said...

poor puppy! i know you love him so, hope he feels better soon jen!

your pin cushion looks awesome, love it and the fabric is cute, i am sure your co worker will love it too.
xoxo

robiewankenobie said...

we're a little bit on the crazy dog owner side, but we had surgery for our ellie when she had two slipped discs. she was paralyzed before the surgery, so this is different. but we were given a doggie wheel chair from eddie's wheels. it was amazing for our little girl. she made a miraculous recovery after that. you might not opt for surgery, but you may want to consider the chair. they're a hoot!

Jenn Maruska said...

I hope your little guy feels better!

The pincushion is adorable - what a sweet print : )

Junie Moon said...

Lots of interesting tidbits in your post today as well as a sad one worrying about your sweet little pup. I will think good thoughts for his return to health.
The gift from your co-worker was very thoughtful and your thank-you pincushion is cute and a good "welcome to sewing" treat. The pirate joke is funny--I love all things piratey.

san francisco lauren said...

sending good healing vibes to your little puppy guy!

crazycatladymel said...

I won? I don't believe it!! But yeah! I will email my address, k? This reminds me that I've had something for you for, oh, months. Really need to get on that.

crazycatladymel said...

Oops. Hit [Publish] too soon. Yes, the kidlets will certainly benefit! It turns out they actually like the Tshirts I made for them. At least my brother's kids seem lot like whatever I concoct.

I'm sorry your baby boy is feeling poorly. Here's to the power of positive thinking (and drugs)!

Jennifer said...

Aww poor little guy. I hope he gets better. We have a Chihuahua too. I didn't know they had back problems... great one more thing to worry about. Our's (paco) is only 9.

Miss Bliss said...

Poor baby ! I hope the pain meds make life fun for him again soon! That pic breaks your heart by the way, what a sad little sweetie!

woof nanny said...

Love the joke--immediately forwarded it.
The pincushion is awesome, and like Junie Moon said, it's a thoughtful welcome.
Good thoughts to the Chuster (I love that name). I hope you find a loving doctor who will help him get better soon.
He's still pretty young for a small dog, so keep positive.

Rebecca said...

Oh poor little guy, I hope he feels better soon! Those cookies are my guy's favorites. :)

Love the pin cushion!!

And I about peed myself over the joke, snort!