Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2007

She Blinded Me With Science

The seasonal decor I decided on for September is school/science themed



Though it is late in the month, this one should travel into October (since I doubt I'll get my butt in gear to do a Halloween display until mid-October) with the aid of a creepy skull specimen


(Yellow and blue make what? :: Foam skull from Michaels :: Lots of library books, including a notebook describing how to dissect a fetal pig :: phrenology chart found online)

It has been a fun challenge the last few months without major holidays to come up with unique themes


(Real science supplies from here :: Martha specimen box :: spot plate with spices)

But, I must admit it will be good to get into the last quarter of the year and into the months that have more obvious themes to choose from



And then it will be even better 'cause it will be the end of the year and I can stop this silly tradition altogether! Hallelujah!


(Chalkboard from the kitchen :: Science is fun!)

Though it has been really fun to try and develop fun holiday displays, I guess I am just not wired to do the same thing day after day, week after week, and month after month. Hence no handmade crafts for sale, and very few things that you see being made over and over. My motto is "I'll try anything once." And once usually about does it!

22 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I love, love, love, love this.

Heidi said...

Oh wow, this is too, TOO clever! I'm completely impressed. The skull on the pedestal is the perfect touch! Love every detail. I think this one my be my favorite yet!

Megan said...

The biology blackboard is the best ever.

vintage twist said...

This is BRILLIANT and would be a great slant on Halloween as well.

Jenn Maruska said...

How fun!

Anne said...

You deserve extra credit for making this display. Very nice.

elizabeth said...

okay, this is just fabulous! simply fabulous!!

and hey, i dissected a fetal pig my freshman year :)

eviedee said...

You've blinded me with jealousy! This is my absolute favorite display. So, so clever.

Shannon said...

This is awesome! You always have such amazing displays! :)

Junie Moon said...

I think this is a most clever and fun idea! It's awesome!

African Kelli said...

Wow! I am really impressed by the detail in this display. Is this in your home? Simply fantastic!
(And a great song title too)

Dee Light said...

I absolutely love this display!!! Great Idea!!!

Blue Yonder said...

This is really, REALLY cool, Jennifer. Fantastic!

Eren said...

Aack! I was a bio. major in college, so this SO speaks to me. I want to come to your class! What a cool teacher. Love it!

leslie said...

i thought this was from a magazine and then realized it was your display! how cool!

amandajean said...

this is absolutely fantastic! (is this in your home?) your attention to detail is amazing.

Mary Ann said...

I just love it! It's like a big still life collage and it makes me want to touch it all and snoop around in it!

jungle dream pagoda said...

I Thomas Dolby display!!! Utterly perfect!!! Whoa !! I am blown away! Can I borrow this idea sometime?

Carlos Martins said...

A corner bar using laboratory glasses would be cool

peanut and planet said...

geek power!

I have a lot of science decor as well. Lots of glassware, a few autorads, some PCR tubes ...

Nice to see someone else geeking out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/proteinbiochemist/
If you want to see my science stuff, look at the set labeled "Home"

Evan said...

Check out www.carolina.com too. Blueprint highlighted this last month for science supplies.

John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.