Pages

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Most wonderful time of the year!

Fall is hands down my favorite time of year! We don't experience as drastic of a change here in weather, but you can (finally) feel a chill in the air. I also love that it is back to school time



(Sorry - no pics of any cute kidlets of my own on their first day of school, but here is me on the first day of 3rd grade - circa 1983. Always the serious one. I venture to guess that I was the prissy know-it-all who most of you disliked in your own 3rd grade classes...)

I loved going back to school - the new clothes, and stocking up on new supplies. Of course, once the day actually arrived, I was a nervous little wreck. But, I soon got back into the swing of things, and loved learning lotsa new things.

If I were a cooler version of my puffy sleeved, high-waisted wool skirted, 8-year-old self, here would be my school supply list:

Jansport Bunnies backpack



Staple-free stapler (the kitty one, naturally)


Recycled groundwood construction paper



Mini colored pencils in a tube




Animal rubber bands



Smencils



and, some new sneaks



Ok - I won't lie. I want all of this stuff now, too!

9 comments:

leslie said...

so cute jen!

eviedee said...

I want all that stuff too!! I think that the single class that I am taking qualifies me to make all those purchases...right? ;) You were (and still are) absolutely darling!

Mary Ann said...

Precious. Or is that precocious? My darling trendsetter picked up the coolest skull messenger bag this year...mom is hoping to steal it for next year...

Jenmomof4 said...

Oh my goodness!! I had that same outfit. Even with the little navy bow tied around the color!! We could have been twins!!!

SpAzzGiRL said...

I also had that shirt, it was 1984 and I thought it was the coolest.
We have smencils and they are very cool and make your hand smell for the day.

Junie Moon said...

What a fun thing to do: preparing for your own children's start of school and looking back at pictures of your own first day. Oh, the memories we all have of those moments and we probably all had that sense of anticipation and fear about the first day that you wrote about.

Your "today's" school shopping list is full of really fun goodies.

telfair said...

You are the cutest thing. I would have LOVED that skirt in the third grade!

Like you, fall is my favorite time of the year and in Michigan we're looking forward to some awesome colors, cool crisp weather, the works.

jungle dream pagoda said...

I LOVE your fantasy school supply list! You look pretty darn cute too!

woof nanny said...

OMG, Jen--adorable! I had a pair of shoes that were a ruby-colored patent leather. I spent so much of my time looking down because they were soooo pretty! I used to love the prep too...all the new stuff. I got new stuff for holidays too (Easter dress, etc), and I always got a toy when I was sick.