Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

It all started with gorp...

In the October issue of Country Living magazine, there was a recipe for gorp, flavored with garam masala (What's gorp, you ask? And how about garam masala?)



Which led me to question if I could make my own garam masala (I could, and I did!)



Feeling confident in my experimentation, I then challenged myself to find a recipe for dinner that used my freshly ground spice mix + yummy fall produce (check and check)



To think this culinary adventure started with good old (c)raisins and peanuts!

4 comments:

Junie Moon said...

How clever! I did know about gorp but not about the marsala part, although I immediately thought wine. Anyway, the Garam Masala Scallops over Acorn Squash recipe and your picture look quite yummy. Good for you--experimentation is such a great thing to do.

Megan said...

It's amazing what trouble gorp can get you into. This looks so yum.

Miss Bliss said...

Yum! Scallops and gorp, not together though!

woof nanny said...

Love the cone :)