Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

Tiki A Go-Go ~ Tiki Oasis VII

Another year, another Tiki Oasis. This year's event was even more fun than last year due to the brilliant souls who decided to reserve the entire Crowne Plaza hotel in San Diego for us tikiphiles. Everywhere you went, people were wearing a smile with drink in hand. There was awesome music playing at all times, by DJ or, preferably, live.

I'm *pretty* sure we had the best balcony seat in the house



(one of our faves - The Martini Kings)

That view, and a couple bottles of Zaya, made it pretty difficult to motivate us to leave the room. We did venture out on occasion, however, and even met a few cool folks. We also had to eat. Here's a shot from the *locally world famous* China Inn in Pacific Beach



Classic Asian decor, good food, and a tropical bar = shangri-la.

On another Asian note, guess what now resides in San Diego?



Daiso!!! Ms. Asian dollar store shopper spotted this one a mile away, and walked out with her usual $40 worth of cute crap. Sure - Brent got his tiki mugs and hipster swag this weekend. But I think I ended up with the sweeter deal.

6 comments:

eviedee said...

That's it, next year we will be there! So glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time! Daiso, so near? I see a little road trip in my future!

elizabeth said...

holy cannoli!
a japanese dollar store?
are you kidding me??

what did ya buy?!?!?!

jek-a-go-go said...

uh-oh! Daiso Marukai somewhat local? Yikes!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Wow!Oh to be childless and attend this weekend get-a-way!

June said...

It's been a lot of fun reading about your party adventures--I really appreciate your sharing them.

woof nanny said...

First of all, I cannot believe you were here for four days and I didn't see you! And I was even walking around right outside your room!
What do you mean--is there an Asian dollar store here???? Where? My dollars are already crying to leave my wallet...
I bought an old tiki-themed menu and an Orchids of Hawaii hula girl mug on ebay this week. The seminars at the event were really interesting and got me motivated to shop.