Pages

Monday, August 27, 2007

Sweet Wine

Thanks so much for the advice on the shoe rack! Oddly enough, once I ditched a few pairs of shoes, the rest seem to be holding on much better. If I have issues again, which I guess translates to having too many shoes, I believe I may try wrapping the rods in fabric per June's suggestion. Brilliant!

On to another lame blog filler post. August has been such a whirlwind for me! I am hoping I can catch my breath in September - after the big party, naturally.

In shopping for the party, I found Sweet Pea Apple Wine at Cost Plus. The charming label made think of a few sweet girls out there



(This is a very *giftable* wine, with its printed capsule (around the neck) - you don't see that very often)

Here is the description from the website:

"Two parts real Washington grown apples, one part natural peach essence, a dash of artful blending and a pinch of domestic charm…you haven’t been this happy since your first easy bake oven. One glass will send you right back to grandma’s kitchen and the sweet smell of homemade apple pie. Pleasing as peach cobbler and refreshing as a cool glass of Riesling on a warm summer evening, Sweet Pea is ripe with golden delicious apple flavors, hints of peachy sweetness and a crisp, clean finish. Who says housewives have to be desperate?"


Seriously - one of you has to be behind this sweet endeavor. I feel like I am reading a blog post on a bottle! Ok, so I haven't tried it yet, but I am expecting it to taste as good as it looks. Buying a wine for the bottle instead of the taste = targeted merchandising in action!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I've tried this one, amazingly good for the small price. I was smitten with the bottle at the grocery store one day!

June said...

Oh, that bottle of wine is so pretty. I'm going out to get some and I don't even drink wine (makes me fall asleep and then what good am I then?). I do have a tendency to buy wine bottles (for gifts) based on their appearance. For example, at Halloween I buy red wines with only black or orange foil around the top. I peel off their label and attach my own homemade Halloween lable a la Martha Stewart. I do a similar gift wine project at Christmas and New Year's--utilizing appropriate colors and graphics--makes for great hostess gifts.

Andie said...

WHAT? There is no such thing as too many shoes.

Gina said...

Wow that really is an uber cute crafty lady blogger style bottle! {that was funy to type}

jungle dream pagoda said...

I know! I totally have bought wine cause I liked the bottle!Looks like I might try another one!

Rebecca said...

Yum, looks great. I have a recipe for hot spiced apple wine that I make around Thanksgiving. I'll dig it up if you're interested. :)

Lindsey Muth said...

Hi, I'm a mommy blogger writing a review of the Sweet Pea on my blog and would like to use your photo. I'm crediting you below the pic but if you want me to take the photo down please just let me know and I'll remove it right away. Yours is just the cutest pic I could find!

ps. I didn't love this wine. I totally polished off the bottle, but it's totally in the packaging, don't you think? Tasted like apple cider vinegar a bit to me.