Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

April Coloriffic Swap ~ Received (via fairy)

The corresponding post to my sent April sent Coloriffic Swap-O-Rama package is missing from my archives. Yeah - I got dissed. The first time this has happened to me in a swap. Luckily, the Colorrific folks have a "fairy" system set up, whereby all the gals who have been checking their mailboxes for months like Charlie Brown waiting for a letter from the little red-headed girl finally get a payoff.



This great package came all the way from Portugal. Lots of handmade items, and a very clever paper protector binder. What a sweet fairy!

Now, I do not excuse non-swappers. But...I must admit over the last few months I have learned how quickly deadlines can fly by. You recall that I hosted a little blogiversary giveaway back in May? Let's just say that the two winners were having Charlie Brown moments at their mailboxes for a wee bit longer than intended. Once the homemade items were finally ready to go, I threw in a few extras to make up for the wait.

Here are the homemade items. For Simone, a thrifted cherry print and checked bias tape was used to make this flirty apron



And for Dana, my first *official* purse!




Still couldn't get all the seams to meet up at the exact same place, but better than some of my previous efforts at making bags. I've had this purse in my head for quite some time, so it was cool to see it come to fruition...finally.


Hasn't blogging made checking the mailbox fun again?

4 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

I like that purse! Great proportions!

And, yes, blogging has sure made getting mail fun again!!! : )

Dana said...

I LOVE my purse! You are too modest, it turned out great!!!It even has a matching tissue holder :)))))


Thanks again for a great job!


Dana
d07@goldingers.com

SpAzzGiRL said...

blogging has definitely added more than bills to my box, for sure!
And I love love love that apron, decided the whole kitchen should be cherry-themed after I got it.

So bad about the flaker but luckily sounds like they have a good flaker-proof system.

Gina said...

Aw sweet!!