Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Purse Project ~ Beach Bag

The Purse Project theme for June/July was to make a beach bag. Barb posted a ton of ideas for cute totes and fun, creative bags. In the end, I went with a style I made for the coloriffic swap way back when - a bag to hold your swimsuit



The purpose of the bag is to store your swimsuit in your suitcase while traveling. It has vinyl on the front to protect your swimsuit (and protect the rest of your clothes from your swimsuit). You could line the whole thing in vinyl if you needed to store wet suits (the splash and dash). The pattern idea was from a book called Storage Solutions from Parragon Publishing.

Here's a close-up of the vintage beach umbrella fabric used for the back of the pouch



Another fun theme, Barb! - can't wait to see the next challenge!

9 comments:

African Kelli said...

Super duper cute! I love it.

June said...

Wonderful beach bag--I so love things like this, especially if it has to do with the beach.

woof nanny said...

"splash and dash", lol. This is frickin' adorable. Thanks for the support Jen--I appreciate it more than I can say.

woof nanny said...

How did you get that swimsuit image--what is that?

Felicia said...

Very cute bag :)

Alicia P. said...

How cute is that. And "Hi!" Just popping in to say hi and hope all's well. xo

Mary Ann said...

HA! I love it! My girl joined the swim team this year, so I think I need one of those for the splash & dash!

Rebecca said...

That looks great! And what a super idea. I have a bag that is drawstring but has nylon inside that is supposed to be for a swimsuit but it's not nearly as cute as this.

Julie K in Taiwan said...

Ohh, I still have that fab bag!