Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Oops...

So, here I am, minding my own business, priming the bedroom walls for paint. I needed to pull the edge of our carpet just a little bit to get all the way to the bottom of the wall. I guess I pulled to hard...

All of the sudden, the carpet was lying in the heap, busted bits of tackboard were strewn about, and I was feeling very tired and out of breath. I am having difficulty remembering the whole process (or so I claimed later when the hubby came home), but here is the result



Lovely red oak hardwood floors. Most likely they have never seen the light of day. They are not in pristine shape, however, due to spills that permeated the carpet over the last 80+ years, and some water damage in one corner near the window. BT wasn't hopping mad when he came home yesterday, after the damage had been done - I saw he was trying really hard not to smile as he lectured me about not making rash decisions that could affect our lease. We'll worry about that another day.

Right now we have a lot of work ahead of us, but we are very excited to see the results.

8 comments:

Megan said...

What a happy "accident".

shanna said...

what a wonderful find...oh my! you lease! hopefully the landlord will think it's wonderful too!

Deborah said...

We just did the same at our place. After sanding the floors, we oiled them (with linseed oil). We have to reoil the parts where we walk every year, but, oh! is the look of them sooo pretty! And, to boot, it's the greenest floor finish there is!

leslie said...

oh those are nice, i love long narrow planks rather than the patchwork pattern so many old houses have around here. lucky you!

scrappintrish said...

Aren't "accidents" wonderful? :) Even though the floor hasn't seen the light of day in so long it is still very beautiful and would not take that much to make it shiny and nice :)

I found your Blog threw Simone (Spazzgirl) and I am So glad I did. I LOVE your blog :)

African Kelli said...

what a find! That is so great! And I am glad your hubby wasn't terribly upset.

jungle dream pagoda said...

Very industrious of you! I think the landlord will approve!

Coleen said...

Lucky! :) I love those kind of surprises!