Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

5 more days!

My local Target (aka my lifeblood) re-opens in just 5 days after a big 6-month long remodel. I drive by the store nearly every day on my way to work (open...open...open), and I personally do not see any great improvements from the outside - not enough to justify being closed for 6 months. We shall see on Sunday.



I probably would not have been inclined to go on Sunday had I not received some type of invitation to the Grand Re-Opening. After receiving my clipless coupon, I am pretty much convinced I am one of the store's top visitors. That, and the smirk the security guard gives me when I walk in - you again. He probably has a bet going with the cart boy as to how many times I'll show up any given week. Anyway - here's my invite. I receive a whole $5 off my purchase. I guess it's better than nothing. See you soon, Howie!



Despite not visiting *my store* as often as I was used to, I think I stayed pretty current on new items - like this plastic file folder from the See.Spot.Save. section. It's not super high quality, and you probably wouldn't want to move it around much lest the whole thing fall apart. But, it is serving just fine as a holder for the pieces that were intended to complete a recipe card per Barb's instructions for the Cloth Paper Scissors swap. A craft keeper, if you will. Now I suppose I will be swapping with myself, as I am late once again. Some day all of this organization will pay off, and I might actually free up some time to complete some projects!

4 comments:

ratichoo said...

Sometimes I wish we had these kind of stores in France, but then I think it wouldn't be as precious to visit them while travelling and to bring back items no one will have!

SpAzzGiRL said...

Remodeled our Target to make it a Target Grand (not to be confused with the Super Target) and it was really no different except a few more food aisles.
Not sure what I was expecting really...maybe more incredible stuff, less teddy grahams.lol

Rebecca said...

LOL! I love your Target love. I think I'll head there myself this week. xoxoxo

crazycatladymel said...

I saw a similar kind of folder at JoAnn, in the dollar bin. I really had to resist the urge to buy it -- it was pink. I hate pink. But still...