Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

A Little Birdie Swap

What is "tweeter" than a little birdie swap? Rebecca and I set out to do a little personal swap celebrating our feathered friends. Here are the lovelies I received from Ms. Thrifty Goodness ~



A sweet little bird nest pin cushion (designed by Vallen). Please also note throughout the lovely pillowcase items are sitting on. It is such a fine, heavy weight - it will be perfect for a skirt or a bag - provided I have the heart to snip into it!



Pretty pink goodness, including stamped stationery and hand-embroidered napkin.



A lovely vintage bird pin, presented in Rebecca's signature style.

Resting in a hand-glittered decoupage egg...



...were some lovely craft supplies.



And in a decorated hat box...



...was this fine feathered friend!



I squealed with joy upon opening the box! Who could imagine such a lovely creation was made just for me! She has taken up a place of prominence (a place I hope to be able to show you all soon), and seems to be enjoying her new nest!

Thank you so much for a lovely package, sweet friend! I hope you enjoy your parcel as much as I enjoy mine!

13 comments:

corine said...

This is all too cute!

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Hi Jennifer, just cruising through blogland and came upon your site. I love all your new treasures they are so adorable!...Love your blog too, I will be back to visit again. Toni

woof nanny said...

Holy ****. I am so flippin' jealous right now. Love that bird pin. And the tea cup!! Swoon....

Gracie said...

Wow thats beautiful! Birds are just too sweet. I love your blog and flickr photos. Keep up the good work

Gracie

tamy said...

lucky, lucky lady!! I love the embroidered birdy and matching stationary...when do we get to see the goodies that you sent her?!?!?

Rebecca said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you liked everything and I'll be posting about the HUGE package you sent me today! I hope my pictures can do it justice. :)

Sarah and Jack said...

How "tweet"! (What is it about birds anyway? I never paid them any attention until sometime last year, now I cannot get enough of them.)

Heidi said...

What an awesome package! I adore that little teacup birdie and the nest pincushion!

Old School Acres said...

Oh my goodness. What a great swap!

Lucy said...

Everything is adorable, I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite as all are so unique.

The package you sent Rebecca was wonderful as well--you both are very lucky swap partners!

lucy

Gillian said...

The pink nest is the sweetest thing I think I've ever seen!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Wow!!! Those are fabulous,I love it all. Ofcourse that vintage pin is ever-so titilating!

Renee said...

Wow she sent you just adorable stuff, how cute. I just love the pin cushion nest what a great idea!