Pages

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Favorite Places ~ Catalina Island



You would think living in a beach city, I would be taken care of in the beach/ocean/sand between your toes department. As with many things we take for granted when we become too used to them, and I don't often visit our local beaches. In fact, I would argue that our beaches do not satisfy the beach/ocean/sand between your toes experience due to bums, sewage, and high probability of stepping on a hypodermic needle.

When I think of making a trip to someplace near the ocean, Catalina Island is where I would prefer to visit. Of course, lack of funds prevent us from visiting too often {sigh}. Beautiful views, clear water, quaint houses, and cute restaurants are just a few reasons to visit. You can even enjoy a drink at a beach bar if you choose. Pretty cool to have a retreat like this practically in our backyard.

Do you think the locals get tired of this beautiful place?

7 comments:

Megan said...

I know for sure I wouldn't get sick of it. Beautiful place.

Coleen said...

I can't wait to check these places out! I'm trying my best to figure out a way to do it all! I'm sooo excited! Thanks for all the good advice!

eviedee said...

This is another place that I have been meaning to visit. Micah and I were both certified for scuba but we haven't been in so long we may have forgotten how to breathe! I love Catalina but if I am there for more than one day I tend to get antsy. Though it is absolutely beautiful I know for a fact I couldn't live there!

Carrie said...

Wow - I haven't been to Catalina in about 20 years, and I agree, it's one of the most beautiful places! But don't you just love checking it out from our coast? I do! And on really, really clear night during the summer, I love looking out across the ocean and seeing the twinkling lights of Avalon!

My FIL is taking us all on a cruise at the end of the summer - second stop is Catalina! That's about the only thing I'm excited about regarding that cruise!

Renee said...

Ohh that looks spectacular I so want to have a drink and people watch. I don't think I could grow tired of there.

Sarah and Jack said...

Well, when we living on Clearwater Beach we never got tired of the beauty of that place. Tired of the ants, the cockroaches, the rats, the tourists, the heat? Yeaup. The turtles, the dolphins, the fine white sand, the sunset that inspires a round of applause, the softly lapping ocean noises? Never.

Jane said...

& a hearty shout out to the fire fighters who so bravely defended this place recently! I haven't been yet and I am so glad that it is all safe and sound!