Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dorky



Last year this time I was on my hiatus. I didn't do much crafting then, and this summer is not looking too crafty either. It's a summer thing. Summer to me still signifies a time to take a break and do as little as possible. So - sorry if things are a little sporadic over here for awhile.

What did I do during my lazy summer of 2006? I am a tad hesitant to admit it, but I played Chibi Robo. Incessantly. It was the first "modern" free form video game I had played from start to finish. I had kinda thought that my video game days had ended with NES. I didn't think I could ever get over the vertigo feeling I get from 3-D games (this gamer was trained in side scroll), and the feel of new controllers (so many buttons!) After awhile I figured things out, and it felt just like the summer of 1986 all over again. Pass the Pop Rocks and Jolt cola.

I logged many hours with little Chibi, and even got some decorating ideas in the process (everything in the game is so cute, it makes your teeth ache!) I accomplished everything in the game except the Space Scrambler. Which probably means nothing to 99% of you...but maybe, just maybe there is another dorky crafter out there? Hmm?

* Gunny the cat is also a dork. All of the sudden this tray has become the place to hang out. Get a life!

6 comments:

eviedee said...

Japanese super cute was the only thing that ever convinced me to venture into 3-D game graphics too! Katamari Damancy, before you I was a Dr. Mario girl through and through!

avid crafter said...

That is the most gorgeous dork of a cat I've ever seen!

Jessica said...

Ak! I love the cat in the tray! Cats are so funny like that. They truly believe we put those things there just for them. "Oh, look, she put this tray here for me to nap in!"

mrs.jack said...

I love CHIBI ROBO! I found it so funny that I'd happily play the game and clean their house while my own house needed to be cleaned. IT's a great game. And what a cute kitty.

telfair said...

That's not dorky, it's totally understandable.

I'm having the summer blog blahs lately, too...

Rebecca said...

Hee hee. :) Louie and I just got a Nintendo Wii. He's been playing all the cool new games and I'm so excited because I could down load Super Mario Brothers! LOL. I play that and Donkey Kong like they are going out of style. Now THAT is dorky!