Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Bitten

~The Tally~

Jen: 3 blouses, 3 slacks, 2 tees, 1 jacket, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of shoes
BT: 2 tees, 5 shirts, 1 pair of jeans

~19 articles of clothing~

Total cost: $202

Average cost/ item: $10.60

I was hesitant to do a post about Steve and Barry's and Sarah Jessica Parker's new line, Bitten, for fear of sparking debate about the *hidden cost* of cheap clothing. Preliminary research seems to indicate that Steve & Barry's is committed to not have its clothing manufactured by sweat shops (though I'm sure further research will now be done into the store's practices now that SJP is involved - oh how we love our drama).

But then I just had to post to let those of you who might be interested know how awesome the new line is!! We have been going to Steve & Barry's for years for BT, but this is the first time I ever bought anything and, as you can see, I went nuts! I love every single item in the Bitten line (there is way more at the store than what is shown on the website). In addition to the cheap ass prices, the fit is true, and the quality, though not top notch, is better than what you would expect for a $10 item. Happy shopping!

10 comments:

Christy said...

OMG! I just looked at the website. I had no idea that there's a Steve & Barry's at The Block! I saw SJP on Oprah when she previewed Bitten and everything is was so cute. Definitely going shopping next time I'm down south. :)

shanna said...

i've got a few steve & barry's things...i had no idea that store existed until i went back to texas this past summer. it's got kind of an old vavy vibe too it (which i love) and everything is super cute. there's not one here but i know i'd love the knew bitten line.

Dana said...

sigh....:( I saw all the goodies on Oprah also. I hunted and hunted online to find out if they ship. NO LUCK! Glad to hear that they live up to the hype! I love the shoes, and that black and white checked winter coat.


Enjoy :)


Dana
d07@goldingers.com

Mary Ann said...

Oh, OK, I admit it too then. I was "bitten" last week when I picked up the ballet slippers in every color. Sigh. I didn't think I'd have to tell anyone, but you forced me.

eviedee said...

Sweet, I will be checking out the store tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

leslie said...

sweet!!! is this store in los angeles? is there one closer?

The Calico Cat said...

I heard about this line & I found my closest S&B location - not toooooo far....

African Kelli said...

I just love their stuff, even though I have yet to see it in person. There is one shop in Phoenix and it is on the west side, quite a ways from here. Maybe for fall!

randi said...

SJP's new line is great!

woof nanny said...

I had never heard of the place. I checked your link and there's a store in Carlsbad, and another in Horton Plaza. I'll have to check it out.