Pages

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

'shrooms

You know how I threatened entertained you with the notion that I might be making some items for sale? So....um....yeah. It's been a real challenge to overcome my flitty nature and stay on task to create things in bulk. Here's something I've been working on that I'm pretty proud of



A mushroom house shaped pinboard. These are really tiny - maybe 6 inches tall. I felt very lucky to have found the plain pinboards, and gobbled them all up before I even had plans to make stuff for sale. So since that part is not homemade (other than painting the roof), the main focus is the pushpins. Made with my own images again, transfered to wooden discs and then glued to regular flat tacks. I need to clean the images up some, and come up with some cute packaging, but what do you think?!

Now that I'm motivated, I just need to find a place to debut my wares....Fingers crossed!

12 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

Very cute! I bet they would sell!

BTW - I was so intrigued by your best dessert of spring - that I made it this afternoon!

Yup, I was getting ready to go to the market and read your blog post and just added the ingredients to my shopping list. I'm going to blog about my (yummy) results tomorrow : )

Thanks so much for sharing that recipe (I'll give you credit for it!) and inspiring me to try something new!

My husband and I think it's delicious.

Jenn : )

kristin said...

what do i think? it delightfully adorable!!

Emy said...

Cute! Good luck on selling stuff!

Sarah and Jack said...

I think it is super cute.

crazycatladymel said...

Too cute!

Packaging idea: I am a huge fan of cellophane bags. You can get so many sizes at cake decorating stores (if the standard ones at the craft store won't do). You could insert a bright (plain or patterned) sheet behind the board, and make a little card to fold over the top and staple in place.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Rebecca said...

So cute, I think they would sell, too. I think there is definately a "cute mushroom" crowd out there. And um, I might be one of them.

telfair said...

You've got a customer waiting eagerly right here.

Anonymous said...

hi! i randomly found your blog just now, and by chance am definitely part of the "cute mushroom" crowd. please post a link to your mushroom pinboard (and other crafty things, if you make them)--i'd love to order one!
-Courtney

leslie said...

yeah we do need to find a place to sell our stuff. nice seeing you at my fave thrift today! :)

Mary Ann/Ca said...

Oh me too! I'm nearby I think so could find my way to where ever you find to sell them!

woof nanny said...

Wow, Jen--these are awesome!

jungle dream pagoda said...

This is adorable.my kind of quirky cute!