Pages

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Aprons galore = Aprons to store

With Emy's apron gift (I hope you all had a chance to delight in the beautiful things Emy sent - that post got pushed back a little to accommodate the TOO post, which was, for the record, was also completed one day late), I *officially* had too many aprons to hang on the back of the laundry room door. Which wasn't a very stylish way to display them anyway. The solution



I covered an Ikea Bar with fabric, added rickrack (all hot glued on - easy peasy), and used magnetic hooks to hang up all my lovely aprons*. Took me 5 minutes, but it now is my favorite thing in the whole house.

Next laundry room craft: one of these to hold back the door the aprons are behind. Right now the "doorstop" is a ragged copy of an old sci fi novel, which definitely does not meet my style needs.

3 comments:

Carrie S. said...

Fabulous storage/display idea! I collect vintage aprons also, but they are all in a drawer...sadly. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

Sarah and Jack said...

Aprons are such cheerful, simple things, aren't they?

Have you read the Apron Book yet?

Sarah and Jack said...

Hey Jen, I know this is an old post, but I am getting around to redoing some things finally! Where did you get the magnetic hooks?