Pages

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Who will find the Golden Egg?

I haven't forgotten about my little nieces and nephews, though you have not seen anything homemade for them lately. Aunt Jen is reminded daily of her Christmas failings as the pieces for their storyboards are sitting next to my dresser. {Sigh}. If only there were more hours in the day....



I think the older kids will like these little baskets. I wanted to do cups along these lines, but fell hard for the little Peeps
4-packs shown above and had to find a container to accommodate them. Don't you *hate* when you open a big package of Peeps and they go stale before you eat them all? Yeah, me too.



You know it's been a rough day when using some foam letters exhausts your crafting spirit for the night. The eggs took a lot out of me. Thanks so much for all of your nice comments on those!

And speaking of eggs - I am looking forward to the hunt with the kids on Sunday.
Actually, I think I heard that there may be an adult egg hunt as well. Which means at least one person will end up in the pool in the heat of competition. Considering my pregnancy status (not) and my sense of humor (forgiving) and stature in comparison to my BILs (small), it is highly probably that person will be me. My plan is to be quick like a bunny and find that golden egg!

7 comments:

LeeAnn said...

I actually prefer stale peeps! I purposely poke holes in the packaging and let them sit out for a few days until they get nice and crunchy. Call me a weirdo. I was also just telling my husband that I wanted to have an Easter Egg Hunt.

Miss Bliss said...

Using foam letters is not a sign of weakness, say it with me now... And I prefer stale peeps too! I think there is a support group out there for that!

eviedee said...

A lovely way to use up stale peeps is to make insanely sweet rice krispy treats out of them. In my younger, poorer days I was fond of buying tons of peeps the day after easter for this very purpose. I can't resist a bargain! Good luck with the egg hunt. Remember, if you can't avoid being pushed in to the pool make certain that whoever attempted such a cruel deed goes with you! Be a bunny with a vise-like grip!

eviedee said...

P.S. You are such an awesome auntie!!

kat said...

Have fun! I wish I could participate in an egg hunt!

We're having our own easter egg hunt again this year. It's the highlight of my year. I love watching my kids run about and their faces light up when they find an egg.

Happy Easter!

Emily said...

Yea, I thought Peeps were better stale. Guess it's a matter of taste? Love the baskets.

jungle dream pagoda said...

What fab baskets,yes indeed you rule as an aunt!