Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Package of Packets

It's still not working. I have tried so hard to cut down on the weight of packages being sent to My Missionary. It's not that he isn't worth it - he is, and I will keep sending him monthly packages until he comes home. But, it would be nice to send a package every once in awhile that doesn't end up costing double digits for shipping.



So here's this month's attempt. I bought a whole bunch of items that came in flat, lightweight pouches or packets. Maybe some of the food items will be welcome - or totally gross. Most of this stuff did come from the dollar store.

The cool thing was that I could mentally add up how much the package was going to weigh as I was shopping as most everything included its weight in ounces on the package. According to my scale this weighs 12 ounces, which is in the less than $10 to ship. Who-hoo!

2 comments:

Miss Bliss said...

Look at how cute you are sending packets!!! Have you tried the flat rate boxes in the post office, one rate no matter how heavy you pack those suckers?

s'mee said...

This is by far, the best use of both flat packets and the dollar store I have seen in a loong time! You are the best cousin in law ever! Serious.