Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I heart Swaps!!!

As previously mentioned, Barb and I have developed quite a friendship over the last year via email. She is the person I write to when I have doubts about a project, or being a blogger, or just need to write something out to sort my thoughts. She does the same, plus shares all the wonderful links she finds that apply to something we have discussed. For example, we are obsessed with festive cones - like this, and have found a lot of interesting pics to share with each other. We could probably write a whole book about using cones to celebrate different events (and just might!)

It was only inevitable that we would do a swap to show our appreciation for each other. So here's what I sent her... and you won't believe all that I received in return! The box everything came in was ginormous - I knew I was in for a treat! I think Barb broke one of the *rules* of our swap in terms of how much she sent : ) - but I know it came from the heart. Besides, it just gives me the excuse to be on the look out for more Barb-ie Goodies!

So - here it is! This woman is good - she covered all the bases ~

Japanese treats to eat



Everything has been yum so far! The mushrooms are just too precious!

Classic Japanese goodies



Love! the paper dishes, and the pattern looks very cool. There are also two sets of chopsticks.

Modern Japanese treats and penguin style



The little penguin magnets are to die for!

For crafting



Ribbon, yarn, a vintage trim, a vintage pin cushion, and oh so cute cute fabrics! One has Christmas mice on it, and the one on top with the kitties in the snow is too good to imagine ever cutting into! I hope Barb shares more about the bright green fabric on the bottom. I know it is special - hand-dyed, perhaps?

For fun



A "splat pig," kaleidoscope, cute fabric book pattern, and little gag gifts made by a friend of hers.

For the pets



"Tiki" brand cat toys and dog treats! Can it get any more perfect?

For Christmas



A beautiful holly apron, Limoges type ornaments (it would be fun to do some type of Advent calendar with these), and the Starbucks Advent calendar that could be reused or incorporated into a new project.

There were some very cute wrapped items. This wine bag



contained a cute pom pom edged scarf!



This beautiful red and white package



held the chopsticks shown previously.

A few more items (I know - can you imagine how fun this was to open?!)



A book of quotes from Hawaiian women, a nutmeg grinder, and a candle scented like hot cocoa.

And last (but certainly not least!) the tiniest cutest felt mouse of all time



Ack! She is just so wee and perfect!

I know Barb had fun putting this together, just as I had fun putting her package together. It's really fun to go shopping now and think in terms of what my blog buddies might like. It's also a good excuse for the hubby when it looks like I brought home too much stuff. I tell him - This is really for so-and-so, and I'm shipping it out tomorrow. He just grunts, but I think he understands how important all of my online friends have become to me.

Thank you especially, Barb, for taking the time to get to know me, and wade through all my email nonsense. I'm not sure I've ever had a friend I can communicate with so freely. I still hope we can meet soon! In the meantime I will enjoy all of my newly acquired treasures.

9 comments:

Felicia said...

Fantastic! Is beautiful mail the best thing in the whole world.

Rebecca said...

WOW~ What an incredible package! I cherish my new blogger friendships as well!

Mom said...

Wow! A plethra of goodies!

Gina said...

Wow, really super cool stuff!

Emy said...

Wow! That will tough to live up to! My package is going to look weinie-riffic! Better get to work!

jungle dream pagoda said...

a felt mouse ,how adorably perect! what a haul!

Anonymous said...

Jenn #1.....

As I read your blog it makes me so jealous as to how crafty and whimsical you are. I love reading your blogs to see what new and interesting things you have come up with. I truly admire your ability to get to the heart of any and all gifts given or received. I so wished I had your talent!

Love Jenn #2 :)

Diana Siah said...

Great blog you have here.. And enjoy ur wonderful treats from your blogger fren. Friendship is so precious..

kat said...

wow. You scored big! What wonderful gifts.

Do we get to see what you gave? I'm sure your stuff was just as wonderful too!