Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Helping Out

I got *special permission* from Kelli to put together some baggies for the baby orphans (at the other orphanage in town) for her upcoming trip to Mozambique. I had a whole lot of these onesies



from the 99 Cent Only store. Their intended purpose was to try out freezer paper stenciling for baby shower gifts, but this opportunity seemed to be a better use. Yes, I could have freezer paper stenciled them before packing them up, but I believe Kelli's trip is taking place next month - not next decade.They are actually really really good quality (a dollar store score!), and love the colors.



Also included in each baggie is a bar of soap, a sponge, diaper rash ointment, a pair of socks, and a wrist rattle.


This is such a great idea! As much as I enjoyed putting these together just to do something nice, I have to admit it was a fun challenge to buy things that would fit in a quart-sized Ziploc bag. If anybody knows about similar opportunities to donate small goodies in baggies, please let me know!

9 comments:

Megan said...

These are awesome Jennifer. Great job.

shanna said...

that was definately a challenge! gotta love the dollar store to make it happen though! i still have space in my baggies but they're pretty heavy so i think i'm just going to send them as is tomorrow.

Jodi said...

Those are some really sweet gift bags.

kat said...

Those are great bags. You were so creative and you put necessary stuff in there. What a terrific idea.

If I hear of any other opportunities, I'll let you know :) I would love my kids to participate in something like this.

lera said...

That's a great idea to make bags for the babies.

telfair said...

You really should do things like this for a living. You could have your own line of "stuffables." Bags, baskets, boxes, swaps, etc. You would make a mint. A MINT, I say! Then I could come out to Cali and work for you. Doing the hard labor, of course. Your "stuffables" crew.

jungle dream pagoda said...

YOU ROCK!!!! Thats so awesome,and its a totally cute idea!

Rebecca said...

What a wonderful donation! Cute and functional. :) So very kind, too. :)

the Willards said...

I kinda stumbled on your blog, and I absolutely love it. You are so creative. I love your ideas and photos.
I have been doing a humanitarian effort, making picture books for children. They are very easy to make and quite fun. You cut pictures out of all your old magazines (a good way to recycle). If you want more info, I have it posted on my blog:
http://88milesperhour-willard.blogspot.com/
click on "humanitarian efforts" on the right column.
Good luck with all your creative endeavors!
- Dana