Pages

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!!

Just popping in to wish everyone a Happy Easter!

Here is BT's Easter basket



As in previous years, the theme was determined by his latest interest, which is, at this time, his new motorcycle. I could write a whole month's worth of posts as to how gut-wrenching this decision has been for me. But, that does not seem like a good topic for Easter, so maybe another time...

I will tell you that the basket (which is a vintage, very unsafe "shorty" helmet. Don't worry mom - just for decoration) contains biker rubber duckies, a plastic motorcycle filled with candy, mini chopper toys, a skull face bandana (like from the movie Wild Hogs) and a chocolate mold of a bunny couple on a motorcycle made by me.

Yes, I have ridden on the thing with my Hunny Bunny. Of course it has the thrilling exhilaration of doing something dangerous that I know BT craves. I worry about the danger, naturally, but I also worry how big my ass must look to everyone behind us. That fear doesn't seem to go away.

Happy Easter! Savor those Reese's peanut butter eggs like nobody cares how big your rump is!

3 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Happy Easter to you too!!

(And now I want to know what kind of bike it is, lol. When we lived in Florida riding the bike at dusk was my most favorite thing to do...when the air was cooling off and heavy with the scent of orange blossoms. Heaven, I tell you.)

shanna said...

i love to ride! i grew up riding with my dad on his goldwing. then when jerrett was about 1 the hubby bought a vintage bike that i'm still wishing we didn't have to leave in ohio! they can be dangerous but are super fun!

how cute is the easter basket! i love the little duckies.

Rebecca said...

LOL! Okay, I almost lost it when you said you worried about your "view from behind" on the bike. :) After yesterday I am on a diet! I had quite a few of those delicious Reeses eggs myself . . .

Love your creative basket! My hubby got his favorite candy (skittles and tic tacs - he's lame)and an ITunes gift card.