Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Something more palatable

Since the chocolate taters were not well-received by all, I bring you something today that is undeniably yummy



Clover cupcakes! The secret to their shape is baking them with balls of aluminum foil between the pan and liner.


(The aftermath)

You can also make heart shaped cupcakes, and probably flower shaped ones if you're really clever. Baking shaped cupcakes is a good project to do with kids - they could roll the balls of foil up for you ('cause that part is bor-ring!) You could also use marbles.

And for tomorrow - a challenge. Apparently the McDonald's shamrock shake is difficult, but not impossible to find. I'm going on an adventure to find one. How about you? Post a picture on your blog and leave a comment with a link if you find the green!

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Those are adorable! I would never have thought to use tin foil! I love the shamrock shake! YUM!

Patricia said...

I was looking for an excuse to get a Shamrock shake! Didn't they used to be mint flavored?

Sarah and Jack said...

The cupcakes (or "puffs" as Jack calls them) are quite clever. And since Jack is totally into making muffins and cupcakes right now, I think this is on our to do list for tomorrow!

leslie said...

cute! must try this!

Emy said...

cute cupcakes! I love making them but then Cale wants them for every meal, snack, 10 minutes that passes by.... where my husband will eat one and that's it.

Miss Bliss said...

You know I love me some cupcakes!!! These are adorable!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Wow ! You clever girl,wish I had time to try that with the girls,oh well,you spoke of a flower possibility,hmmm,maybe soon!

Rebecca said...

These are so cute! Did you figure out the shape yourself? Very smart!

So I also read that you like the new Blueprint? I also cancelled my subscription after two but maybe I'll have to give her another try. :)

Dee Light said...

Love those cupcakes!!!