Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Olive Doesn't Live Here Anymore

We've all enjoyed reading Ms. Hillary's Make-A-Long story unfold. But look out Olive and Archie -



There's is a new girl on the playground, and she's not there to make friends. Meet Qiao Yun. She knows 15 ways to kill a person without even touching them



Lurking underneath those deceivingly cute hair buns is a sinister mind that is hell bent on destruction



She spends 14 hours a day practicing her skills. The rest of the time is spent implementing her evil plans


Keep an eye for her the next time you are at the playground. YOU could be next...

Ok - This amazing creation arrived in my mailbox yesterday courtesy of the very talented Miss Bliss. I am still in a state of shock. She said that she had a "little something" to send to me, and I end up with the coolest doll in all of creation!!! Seriously - if there was any way I thought I could carry a doll around with me at 32 years of age and not get carted off to a mental institution, Qiao Yun (artful/clever cloud) would be my constant companion.

I love her to pieces - all of the details are so amazing, and the craftsmanship is so excellent. I love the fact that she has Zombie Cool and Mandarin Chic going on at the same time. Of course you noticed her little backpack from the first pic. She uses that to carry around essentials like ninja stars and a lucky talisman. Oh, and as if the doll and backpack weren't enough, I also received an embellished photo album and bag of Ghiradelli chocolate - wow!



Thank you again, dear friend. I meant it when I said that I don't feel like I deserve something this nice, but I appreciate that you think I do. Hopefully some day Qiao Yun will get to meet her "Archie" counterpart - which is really just a way to say I hope one day you and I can meet in person.

9 comments:

stephanie said...

That doll cracks me up, but in a I'm laughing with you not at you sort of way. I love the story you put together. I'm stressing out about school right now so really needed a good laugh. Thanks. :)

Heidi said...

What a fun take on Hillary's dolls. She made me smile! She looks pretty tough. I bet she could beat up all of my dolls. LOL

Dee Light said...

That's one "Killer" doll!! Very cute and love the post.

Patricia said...

Love it!!

Amy said...

I think I have met this girl before, she scared me then and she is scaring me now :) I do like her anyway!

kat said...

Was she in Kill Bill vol. 1?
I swear I remember her from there :)

Very cute! I'll have to check out her "makers" site. Her craftmanship looks amazing. What a talented lady :)

Coleen said...

That totally made my day! Can you imagine her bullying Archie and Olive on the playground?? Ha!

little lovelies said...

Hilarious! I love her take on Olive!

jungle dream pagoda said...

I am loving Qua yun,you must show us more of her adventures!