Pages

Monday, March 05, 2007

Crafter's Companion #5 + BONUS

Creeping out from underneath the piles of tissues (these are unused, btw) to craft a little and enjoy our nice Spring weather



This is the tissue box cover by Heidi Kenney as presented in The Crafter's Companion. I have long been a fan of Heidi's (My Paper Crane's) work. I remember seeing one of her plush jelly doughnuts at a trendy store in L.A. years ago and thinking this was the new direction of craft.



A tissue box cover seemed appropriate enough, as I am now over the bad part of my cold, but still, you know, draining out. But then - lo and behold - Heidi posted a pattern for a cute house pinboard



How could I resist? They were kind of meant to go together. Like peanut butter and jelly. Cupcakes and frosting. Mold and bread - or any other of Heidi's wonderful creations.

8 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

So, do you think the house pattern was hard or easy? I attempted it before Christmas, and I now cannot remember why, but I couldn't make it work somewhere. Something to do with the roof I think...thoughts?

Jane said...

Darling!

eviedee said...

These are SO SO adorable! Glad to hear that you are in the final stages of sickness. You poor thing, it's been at least a week!

eviedee said...

Great mix of fabrics on the tissue box!

Coleen said...

That is completely adorable! I want to make one for my classroom!

By the way, thank you again for the wonderful Valentines gift! It was such a treat! You are so kind and thoughtful.

Gina said...

That's one way to enjoy having a cold...Nahhh..but the tissue box cover is darling!!!

leslie said...

oh my gosh,how cute is that house!!!!! thanks again for coming to lynne cox!! you are the best!

jungle dream pagoda said...

So cute!!! I love your fabric choices,too!