Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Candy Jars (that mean so much more!)

There's something I've been meaning to share with you all, but I just couldn't come up with the right way to get it out. Hopefully sharing pics of three cool jars of candy is the tie in I've been waiting for.

First, a jar I found yesterday at Walmart whilst I was stuck there for an hour and a half getting my oil changed



It is so super cute! There are a few layers of green candy (the bottom layer is "grass" that has gotten a little smooshed), and then there are these candy fireflies mixed in! The jar suggests using it to catch real fireflies when you are done with the candy! Wish we had those around here...good memories of catching 'em when I visited family in the Midwest.

Then...a jar I gave to Leslie when we met the first time!



Did you catch that? I'm actually leaving my fortress of solitude to get out and socialize! Leslie is a local crafter, and fortunately is much better at making things happen than me. We had been emailing each other back and forth for quite some time, and then she suggested we go to Lisa's gallery opening together. It was a great evening with Leslie and her two little girls. We got along really well that night, met up again recently to see the author Lynne Cox, and have plans for a venture I will also be sharing with you soon (when the time is right).

Next, a jar from the cutest blogger out there, Evie



She is even cuter in person than the pics on her blog would indicate! We have had two "double dates" with the hubbies included, and everybody got along splendidly. This was Evie's gift to me during our recent trip to The Bigfoot Lodge. I can't tell you how great it is to meet a couple that has the same interests as us! And - get this - they are moving to the LBC soon!! I cannot wait! I hope we don't make everyone too jealous with our casserole parties and thrifting capers : )

So you could say my life has been filled with candy filled jars lately, each sweet in their own way.



Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

11 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

I thought of you today while we were enjoying a Shamrock shake! Happy St Patricks Day.

Heidi said...

I adore that firefly jar! I've never actually seen them in real life but I still think they're charming!

Dee Light said...

I just love candy filled jars. The candy is so colorful like little jewels!!! These are so cute!!! Candy is great but friends are even better!!!

david santos said...

Hello, Jennyfer!
This work is very good. Thank you
Good week

chocolatebrown&blue said...

greetings! i found your blog while browsing flickr...and i must say you have a very lovely place here. hope you don't mind me sticking around.

June said...

I never found the Shamrock shake but I did find lovely little shamrock-paper wrapped mints and gave those out as treats on my St. Pat's Tucson Audubon birding fieldtrip I led yesterday.

The candy jars are so cute and look quite festive! I think it's a grand and clever idea.

elizabeth said...

those jars are awesome!!!

and i am jealous that you have someone who shares your love of crafting and thrifting!!!

lucky girls!

Miss Bliss said...

Okay, so I thought about this one for a day or two, I love the idea of counting your blessings by way of heaps of candy encased in lovely jars. Because for someone like me, someone that appreciates the beauty and the sweetness of the idea of friends, and comfort. It can sometimes be hard to express those feelings, so from one complicated girl to another, well done.

And congrats on the courage of finding and trusting new friends...

jungle dream pagoda said...

Wow,totally delightful!!!

jek-a-go-go said...

loverly jars o sweets! you are as always an inspiration! how did we miss each other at lisa's opening? were you there and i just didn't notice? itis such a small space...sigh...perhaps we can go out on a cupcake excursion some time?

eviedee said...

Hooray for casserole capers, thrifting, and super sweet friends like you! :)