Pages

Monday, February 19, 2007

Let The Good Times Roll...

I'm a day early - but couldn't let Mardi Gras pass us by! You see, tomorrow there may be an event happening in our household tomorrow that takes priority over Fat Tuesday : )



For dinner: Shrimp Etouffee and black-eyed peas
.

In the vein that no one cares what you had for lunch/dinner*, I suppose I will show you some pics from our 2004 Mardi Gras party to quell the yawn fest. I wasn't as in to photo-documenting events back then, so there were only a couple decent pictures I could cull from the bunch. Oh, and of course I had to weed out that ones that would completely humiliate our friends.



The girls, sporting our homemade feather masks. Before you say anything, C, I said completely humiliate!



The most awesome King Cake ever! I only wish there was more of it in the picture than me so you could see the candy "bead" necklaces and gumdrop accents. But why are there candles on the cake? Hmmm...I wonder...

Happy Mardi Gras 2007! And don't forget to eat your pancakes tomorrow - they're free at IHOP!


* Just for the record, I do care what you had for lunch. Usually when people bring a meal up, it was something cool or fun, and totally worth sharing with friends.

6 comments:

Miss Bliss said...

Do I get to be the first blog buddy to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Enjoy it!! And have a great day!

Mom said...

Happy Birthday!

Heidi said...

Happy Happy Birthday! :)

(and that shrimp dish looks delish!)

eviedee said...

Happy Birthday! I am green with envy over that totally awesome king cake!

elizabeth said...

happy, happy birthday to you girl!!!!

i adore you tons and i hope you have the best day ever!

Scarlet Tanager said...

I hope you are having the most perfect day! You are the best! Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!