Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Will the real Princess please stand up?

During 2006, Liz hosted the Princess Potholder/ Hot Mitt Monthly challenge. I had a lot of fun participating in this make-a-long! I'm not through with potholders, though, and may try to finish the ones from the months I missed.

December's theme was to make a scented potholder. In playing catch up, I thought I would make the last potholder for Ms. Liz herself - the true Potholder Princess




Hope she likes it! It is scented with bouquet garni.

Here's a recap of potholders completed last year following the monthly themes:

February ~ Heart-shaped/Valentine related



April ~ Finger hot mitts



May ~ Anything flower



June ~ Double oven glove



September ~ Apron with built-in potholders



October ~ Loop loom hot mitt



and December's scented hot pad (above)

Thank you again, Liz, for your fun themes and the awesome prizes sent to the winners. We miss you, and hope you are doing well!

9 comments:

ArtsyMama said...

Just found your blog and I love it. Gorgeous stuff!! Will be back often:)

Alecia said...

Ah, this puts me in the mood to make some stuff! Love those potholders, especially the princess!

elizabeth said...

can i puhhhh-leeeease come over so you can show me how to sew????

plus, i wanna wear that apron :)

Sarah and Jack said...

Jack says "ah that's cute!"

Amy said...

Aaaww... love the finger mitts!

Scarlet Tanager said...

Fantastic! My favorite is the apron with built in mitts, and the finger mitts.

Barb said...

Brilliant! I think November was animal-shaped. I cut it out but never finished mine. I never saw the December theme, despite looking several times. I thought it was fun too--I wish more people had participated.

Catrina said...

I love them all! Beautiful work :)

eviedee said...

Wow these are all so awesome! I LOVE the tiny finger mitts!