Pages

Thursday, January 04, 2007

V

is for Victory! Another monster in our house has been overcome - the evil Laundry Monster



I don't know what has happened here the last few months. I always felt like I had a reasonable grasp on laundry, and only needed to do it a couple days per week. Then, lately, it felt like I was doing laundry every single day. Despite this, there would always be 2-3 loads in the hamper, and towels and bedding that also needed to be washed. We are two people here, folks - the amount of laundry does not logically correspond!



Today, everything is clean clean clean, folded, and put away except the clothes on our backs! One source of the exponentially increasing amount of laundry may be the fact that we are both working out more regularly, and have workout clothes to wash. But, I guess that is a good thing, as it shows our commitment to our health.

BT also pointed out that I wear clean pajamas every night. Isn't that what you are supposed to do? I asked. He said no, that most people wear them for 2 or 3 nights. I honestly didn't know! It's been o-k, wearing "dirty" pajamas (I can only go two nights). I guess it shouldn't be that weird, considering we sleep on the same bedding for a week at a time. Though I'm willing to make the change to save another visit from the Laundry Monster, I must admit I miss my fresh, clean jammies...

(Hope nobody out there is thinking "ew gross." Supposedly this is what "normal" people do?)

Edited: So, it appers that there are a more than a few of you that wear clean jammies every night (and at least one that sleeps nude). I seriously need to rethink this dirty pajama thing...

9 comments:

elizabeth said...

i'm one of those "normal" people (and i use the term normal loosely...lol) that wear pj's more than one night. the only time i don't is if i'm warmer one night than the next. but then i don't throw the other pair in the laundry, i save em...lol.

since you're all finished over there with your laundry, why don't ya hop on over here and get me caught up on mine :)

Sarah and Jack said...

My mother always made me wear my pajamas for 2 days. Now that I am a grown up, I only wear them once. Take that mom!

Anonymous said...

You'll save a lot of laundry if you do it the Norwegian way - sleep in the nude. ;)

Ali said...

I can cope with PJ bottoms for 2 days in a row, but I need a fresh t-shirt.

Then again, some poeple manage to start the day without a shower and I couldn't do that.

Barb said...

Oh geez, I can go for quite awhile without washing my pjs. I never really notice how many days it is. I would never even consider having to wash them every day, but I do have to have a clean towel every day (and not everyone does that). This is so dumb, but what does BT stand for? Everyone has all these abbreviations I don't know.

Patricia said...

I'm glad you posted about this. I have been trying to convince my kids that they can wear their pajamas (and jeans) more than once. They get a shower at night, so they're clean when they put their pj's on. I'm losing the battle. This morning I caught my daughter hiding her pj's in the bottom of the laundry basket.

Barb said...

This post got me to thinking, so I posted about
pajama bags

leslie said...

clean pj's every night is a must. hot shower + clean pj's = good nights sleep...unless you have a three year old who likes to wake you up with a cheery greeting at 3 am! oh and clean people and jammies means less cleaning of the sheets. maybe i am wierd?

jungle dream pagoda said...

Ha Ha,the laundry monster,oh yes,adult workout clothes equal,muey more laundry!