Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Penguin Awareness Day 2007

Hi!



Yep -it's that time of year again - Penguin Awareness Day! Actually I believe the official PAD was yesterday, but who's keeping track. For me, every day I'm aware that I'm just a little penguin!

We started the day off visiting some cute and playful friends



Look here if you'd like to make your own little penguin friends. And don't forget to click on the picture on the recipe page to see other fun and creative cream cheese penguin encounters.

I can't resist - this looks like too much fun!



Weeeeeeeee!

Next, we made my signature drink - The Penguin. I like mine on the rocks - Rock Penguins, that is


(penguin shaped ice cubes)

I crack myself up! Really, I've been trying to cut back on my drinking a little



Oh, who am I kidding - sometimes you have to just go for it!



Finally, we enjoyed some tuxedo-style chocolate dipped strawberries



Do you know they don't start selling these in the store until February? So, that was kind of an unexpected project today. But, with a sweet reward.

So, happy (belated) Penguin Awareness Day to you! It's not too late to show a penguin you care. Here are a few links for you:

~ Clothespin penguins posted by our friend Barb
~ A penguin made out of a lightbulb (what a bright idea!)
~ Penguin bento
~ Penguins using hard-boiled eggs
~ Martha's too cute for words igloo cake and marzipan penguins
~ Penguin cocktail shaker

8 comments:

Coleen said...

You are a hoot! :)

leslie said...

oh my god, can i come over???? i am thirsty! :) love love love penguins.

eviedee said...

Did you ever know that you're my HEEROOOOO!

Amy said...

Those cream cheese penguins are utterly adorable. Great post.

Here's my contribution to the tribute to penguins...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellaminnowpeas/192644469/

jek-a-go-go said...

how funny! this is fab! it is like a grown um scrumdilly-do! :)

jungle dream pagoda said...

Adorable,too cute for words!

telfair said...

HA!HA! I totally remember PAD from last year. I thought it was awesome then, and I think it's awesome now.

Catrina said...

WoW!! How cute is that! Love it:) That drink looks like something I'd enjoy too!