Pages

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Aunt Jen Never Forgets

Ok - well that is just a bold-faced lie. She forgets quite a lot. Sometimes she walks into a room and forgets why she went there. She recently forgot the date of her wedding anniversary (just by one day!) And, she has completely spaced on where she last left her watch...

But, she does not forget about her nieces and nephews. You remember back here a little girl was born into the family. She now, of course, has a name - Abigail Faith. I saw her over Christmas, and she is as lovely as her two big sisters. Aunt Jen forgot to take a picture of her three precious nieces, so just trust me on this one.

Here is a little (belated) welcome gift for little Abby



It is just one of those panels that you can cut out and assemble. I found it at the thrift store. It was the elephant the sold it - so sweet! I had quite a few of these types of things growing up made by my Grandma, so this project was a tad nostalgic.



It was not, however, as easy as I thought it would be to put together. I supect that the design was cute on fabric, but perhaps is not tested prior to distribution? If you think the wheels look funny now, you should have seen them the way they originaly sewed up following the pattern. Nothing like a project designed for people with limited sewing skills to make you feel like the last 15 years on your machine have been a total waste.

But, it is still cute and that with a few adorable outfits from Kohls, I can officially (finally) welcome Baby Abigail into our lives!

6 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

It is so funny to see that here, since a few months ago I was watching one of those very same panels on Ebay!

Jane said...

Adorable! I used to beg my mom to buy those kinds of panels when we went to JoAnn's as a kid!

leslie said...

i love that elephant! what thrift store? or is it a secret place, heehee.

elizabeth said...

i think its super cute and super retro!!! i would have never been able to sew that...lol.

Barb said...

Eek! I love it. I'm drawn to the lion, actually. I had a hand-me-down softie like this that I just found in storage. I should post it.

I just had to go to dictionary.com over the 'bold-faced lie'. I was thinking, oh, that makes so much more sense. I always thought it was 'bald-faced' and I never understood. But it is the latter, surprisingly
http://www.answers.com/topic/bald-faced
Go figure

Jennifer said...

Sarah ~ It looks like there is another one on Ebay now! Item No. 290069342541

Leslie ~ No secrets from you! It's the one at Orange and Carson. Look for the bags in the back corner marked material.

Barb ~ Doh! Oops...I guess I hear more than I read, sadly, so there is more room for error in interpretation...