Pages

Monday, December 18, 2006

Ye Olde Yule Log (#8)

I've feared the Yule log in the past, but no longer



There are some complicated recipes out there. I also dreaded the making of meringue mushrooms. Sandra Lee to the rescue - just use a cake mix (duh), and add Hershey's kisses to marshmallows to serve as fungi!



I think they are cuter than the meringue mushrooms anyway. Super fun project. Oh, and this is for BT's co-workers, so don't fret that I am just holing myself up in the kitchen avoiding my Christmas duties.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute cake! Almost too cute to eat.

jungle dream pagoda said...

How wonderful!!! The title of your post and confection always makes me giggle,our 1st X-mas when my oldest baby was a tiny baby,we were video taping X-mas morn,and ,well,we had to stop tape because she produced a ,,,,,oh well the hub said it not me!

Anonymous said...

This is over-the-top fabulous! Love your mushrooms--what a great idea to use the kisses and marshmallows.

my house is cuter than yours said...

sooo cute!!!!!!

Barb said...

I'm normally not that hip on Sandra Lee (I'm a made-from-scratch snob), but these mushrooms are really cool. Add meringue to my "do not like" list. Nice gift too.