Pages

Saturday, December 02, 2006

What's Cookin' Apron Swap ~ Sent! (#24)

As you all know, I love participating in swaps. I like following a theme, and trying to put together a package the recipient will enjoy.

This (What's Cookin'), however, was the first group swap that I ended up with a partner I already *knew* - Shanna of Pink Trees! It was sooo much fun to put together her package! I started with her favorite color -pink. I knew the Merry Modernica fabric would be perfect for her, as she is a retro-modernica kind of gal





The apron is made from Simplicity 4998 halter dress pattern sans back
(Shanna requested something "a little sexy"). I added pockets from this skirt pattern. The apron was originally intended to be reversible, but having pockets on both sides seemed too bulky. So, instead it is lined - hehe.

The recipes were pulled from this cookbook



Admittedly I wanted to try out the recipes I sent her, but I ran out of time. Did I mention this was the most unfair pairing in the history of swaps? Shanna finished her apron way back in October. I finished mine Monday of this week. I felt so bad that somebody so on the ball had to wait for her package all week, and received it on the reveal date, but I hope it was worth it!

So anyway, I lifted the images from the recipe book and added them to the cards I made





The cards and tin were influenced by the cover project of Slice of Life Scrapbooking (side note: check out Wendy's blog - also a contributor to Simple Scrapbooks!) I got really really lucky and found the thrifted pink tin for 39 cents, and papers, sticker tape, and bubble stickers that all kind of went together. Love when that happens!

I threw in a few extras - some pink cookie cutters (also thrifted)



a set of pink aluminum measuring spoons



and the piece de resistance - a pink tinsel Christmas tree!



Really, can you think of anything more perfect for a person with a blog named Pink Trees? Shanna wrote a nice post about the package here.

This was a fun swap, and I had a very fun person as a partner. Thank you as well to our hostesses, Sarah and Mary. Looking forward to the swap in Spring!

16 comments:

Carrie Sommer said...

This is one of the most beautiful swap packages I've ever seen! What a lucky girl! And that apron! Swoon! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

You are so great themed gifts. And the fabric.....SO awesome! Fabulous swap!

Patricia said...

I bet Shanna is still smiling! Such a thoughtful package you put together. The apron rocks!

Anonymous said...

love all of it...that apron is fab

elizabeth said...

you are quite possibly the *queen* of swapping.

your packages are overflowing with love and thought. i swear girl, you rawk my socks off.

love the apron, love all the pink goodness, love what you did for the recipe cards and the tin.

i know shanna had to love it.

Megan said...

You did an awesome job with this. That apron - I just might sell my Granny fot it. If I had one.

Barb said...

Holy crap, Jen. I need to go out and get that pattern--wow. Everything is just downright amazing. Where did you find the little tree? Shanna is going to fall over.

jungle dream pagoda said...

Lovely! That does seem sooo perfect for your partner ,I just recently began to read her blog(I think we have similar taste) ,she must love it all!

Anonymous said...

I love the apron, sew creative using a dress pattern! Love the packaging of the whole damn thing... maybe I will do the swap next time, looks like great fun.

Liz said...

Beautiful apron!!
Love it all!

Abby said...

The halter apron is awesome. This brings a whole new look to aprons. I would have never thought of using a dress pattern.

Rebecca said...

I must have you as a swap partner. MUST. I've been lurking but I couldn't hold back. Great swap!

my house is cuter than yours said...

damn.. you did an amazing job! we are honored you took part in our swap!

Sarah and Jack said...

This is a great package. I am kicking myself for not picking up some of that fabric last week.

Amy said...

LOVE this apron -- so classy and creative! That fabric is so fun.

Anonymous said...

and now you have put me to shame! this is excellent. everything you made was gorgeous and the colors to pull it together? wow! lucky girl who got this package!